AGRO Merchants Maasvlakte
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
AGRO Merchants Group completed the first phase of its Rotterdam-Maasvlakte plant, adding 18,000 pallets of frozen and refrigerated space to the market. Located in Rotterdam, the largest European port in production volume, AGRO Maasvlakte provides comprehensive services for the meats and seafood industry and will also serve as a Veterinary Border Inspection Point (BIP). The modern facility achieved a BREEAM Excellent rating for sustainability, which is the highest energy efficiency index for this type of storage facility in Europe.
- Pallet Positions: 18,000
- Chilled storage
- Frozen storage
- Order/Case picking
- Border Inspection Point (BIP)
- Customs clearance
- Excellent location in the Port of Rotterdam near major terminals
- System using natural refrigerants at highest energy efficiency standards
- Border inspection point approved by the European Commission
- Flexible for development of VAS – blast freezing, packaging, etc.
- IFS logistics
- Category 3 (petfood) solutions