The world’s largest seafood trade event, The Seafood Expo Global, took place last week in the magnificent venues of the Brussels Expo. More than 26,600 seafood professionals from over 140 countries attended the fair. The Expo featured more than 1,700 exhibiting companies, including AGRO Merchants Group. AGRO focuses on Seafood as one of the key commodities for several sites, offering extensive services to the industry.
The Seafood Expo is a great opportunity for companies to present new products, services, and developments.
Willem Brands, the Seafood Category Manager at AGRO Merchants Group shared, “The Seafood Expo is the highlight of the year for the Seafood industry. We have attended the event for several years and have always found it very valuable and a great opportunity for networking and meeting existing and potential customers. This year we decided to exhibit, as we wanted to increase our presence even more.”
Highlighting some of AGRO Merchants Group Seafood Facilities:
• Coldstore Urk, located in the fishing and seafood hub in the Netherlands, specializes in the seafood sector. In 2015, their facilities have been expanded to accommodate the growing demand of their customers.
• AGRO Merchants Maasvlakte, AGRO’s first European greenfield site, is conveniently located in the Port of Rotterdam offering integrated services for the seafood sector, such as import/export management, and an on-site Border Inspection Post, licensed by the European Commission.
• Sawyers Transport is a top-class transport service provider with their own fleet of 200 trucks and 500 trailers. They serve the UK, Ireland, and the rest of Europe. Castlecool, with three locations in Ireland, provides support with additional storage, blast freezing, and packaging services.
• Frissul and Frigomato, located in the two key hubs of Portugal – the areas of Lisbon and Porto, provide AGRO’s customers with frozen and chilled storage, as well as transportation in the Iberian region and internationally.
• AGRO Merchants Algeciras went through a major expansion in 2016. The facility can offer immense benefits to the Group’s customers by its excellent location directly in one of the busiest Spanish ports – Algeciras. Together with APC Logistics in Barcelona, are leaders in frozen storage in the Iberian region.